Announcing Fulbright awards for teaching and research within the areas of American Studies and American History. The Council for International Exchange of Scholars, administers the Fulbright Scholar Program on behalf of the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The Fulbright Scholar competition for academic year 2017-18 launched on February 1, and opportunities are available in a number of countries, including, but not limited to, the awards described below.
This year, the Fulbright Scholar Program is offering over 70 awards in the field of American Studies. The following is a sample of awards possibly related to CCHA fields:
* Argentina: Social Sciences and Humanities
* Georgia: American Studies
* Ghana: Arts and Humanities, Business Administration, Computer Science, Education and Social Sciences
* India: Fulbright-Nehru Academic and Professional Excellence Awards (All Disciplines)
* Japan: Study of the United States
* Jordan: Study of the United States
* Mexico: U.S. Studies
* Netherlands: Senior Professorship in American Culture
* Philippines: Study of the United States
For additional awards in the field of American Studies, American History and American Literature, please visit our updated Opportunities in American Studies webpage. There, you will find award highlights and examples of successful projects in the discipline. All Disciplines awards may also be of interest if discipline-specific opportunities do not match your expertise. All Disciplines opportunities are offered in nearly every country, including: Burma, Jamaica, Kosovo, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
More information about the Fulbright Scholar Program can be found on our website, and the complete catalog of awards can also be accessed online. We also offer a series of webinars to provide advising and application tips – further information and registration details for webinars can be found here.
As outlined in our Eligibility Guidelines, all applicants must be U.S. citizens at the time of application and the current competition will close on August 1, 2016.