Who we are
The Community College Humanities Association (CCHA), founded in 1979, is the only national organization of its kind for humanities faculty and administrators in two-year colleges. It is dedicated to preserving and strengthening the humanities in two-year colleges.
CCHA serves as a catalyst for defining the issues which face humanities faculty and administrators today, finding solutions to problems in the field, and establishing a communications network for humanists.
The Community College Humanities Association has five regional divisions each represented by Board Members.
The Association’s Purposes Are:
- To advance the cause of the humanities in community colleges through its own activities and in cooperation with other institutions and professional organizations involved in higher education
- To provide a regular forum for the exchange of ideas on significant issues in the humanities in higher education
- To encourage and support the professional work of faculty and administrators in the humanities
- To sponsors conferences, seminars, and institutes to provide opportunities for faculty development: and
- To promote the discussion of issues of concern to humanists and to disseminate information about the Association’s activities through its publications